How to Change MAC Address on Windows 10
MAC addresses are useful for identifying devices on the network. This address is provided by the device manufacturers which we can not change. This is a unique address that identifies each device. If you have both Wi-Fi and Ethernet cards in your computer. then you have two MAC addresses, one for Wi-Fi card and one for Ethernet port.
Have you heard about Mac filtering? The home user always used it to secure his Wi-Fi network from other users. Being a unique number, you can not change it, but you can spoof it.
Read more: Best Windows 10 Themes / Skins 2018
Changing the MAC address may cause issues such as your device may not be able to recognize the network, and may not work properly in your network. If you are facing such a problem, then you can reset your NIC.
But first of all, let’s talk.
How to find MAC address.
1) Right click on Start button and open Command-Prompt (Admin).
2) Type IPCONFIG/All. You can now see MAC address of all the network cards in front of Physical Address.
How to Change your MAC address from Device Manager.
1) Press Windows + X key on your keyboard and then click on Device manager.
2) After that expand Network tab and right click on Wi-fi or ethernet adapter then click on Properties.
3) Now select the Advanced tab. in the Property box, scroll down until you find Network Address. then select the Value radio box. here you will see your adapters MAC address. clear it and add a new mac address.
(For ex. I am using 12345678 )
4) Then, click Ok.
Did it work? Let’s find out.
The method is the same as I above mentioned.
Wow, it’s work.
Before doing all this step first, Note down your original MAC address. If any problem comes from changing the MAC address. Then, you can reset your NIC or save it by adding original MAC address.
Read more: How to download windows 10 iso for free 2018
I hope You like this article please share this and do comment if you have any problem.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.